Le Chevrot is a fresh cheese produced in Celles-sur-Belle Village of the Poitou-Charentes region in central western France. This lovely little cheese is made from goat's milk. When very young this cheese is moist in texture. As the cheese ages it develops a wrinkled rind and then when fully matured the inside paste becomes soft yet dense and the flavor becomes more nutty with a slight fruity taste. It contains around 50% of the milk fat. This cheese is great to serve at the end of a meal or enjoy it solo as a great snack! It is also best for those cheese lovers who enjoy fresh goat cheeses. It pairs well with French champagnes or white wine and makes yet another great addition to any cheese and meat board!
Know Your Cheese
Come enjoy the time-honored craft of artisan cheesemaking. Artisan cheese has claimed its place in cheese cases, upscale specialty stores, and at farmers' markets. Artisan cheesemakers are emerging with cheeses that rival, and even top, European classics.
See Cheese & Provisions
Come be a part our wonderful wine tastings and events! Subscribe now and receive monthly tips, specials, and invitations to our tasting events!
- Go Orange This St. Patrick's Day
- FEATURED CHEESE: Vermont Creamery's Bonne Bouche
- FEATURED WINE: Chanin Chardonnay
- SPIRITED DISCUSSION: Shake It Up (or, Stirring Up Trouble)
- Cold Smoked Cheese
- Negroni Week
- SPIRITED DISCUSSION: I Scream, You Scream...
- Shall I Campari To A Summer's Day?
- VALENTINE ELIXIR: Pomegranate Liqueur
- FEATURED CHEESE: Sandy Creek from Goat Lady Dairy